Dissertations Citation Enhance the Reliability and Presentation
Dissertations are expected to be a reliable piece of research activity of students that need to be presented in an acceptable and consistent manner.
Dissertation citations enable students to follow an acceptable and consistent format for the presentation of the research writing work. Dissertation citations also enable students to acknowledge the sources they have relied on for the body of knowledge and the suitable methodology for the research activity.
A guide to dissertation citation
The guide to dissertation citation is aimed at creating awareness in students.
- The first aspect of dissertation citation is to know that there is no universally accepted citation style.
- There are several different citation styles within the dissertation citation.
- The more popular citation styles include APA, MLA, Harvard, Oxford, Turabian, and Chicago citation styles.
- Each university chooses its citation style for dissertation citation to maintain conformity in the citation style used by its students.
- Another distinction in citation styles used for dissertation citation is by discipline of studies. For example MLA is the preferred citation style for arts and humanities disciplines, while APA citation style is preferred for science disciplines.
- Therefore it is important that the citation style that has to be used in the dissertation is ascertained from the relevant authorities.
- The citation style lays down the rules for the format of the dissertation that include the lay out of the paper and the sequence of the sections of the dissertation. This ensures consistency and acceptability in the presentation of the dissertation.
- The citation style in dissertation citation also lays down the rules for providing in text referencing and out of text referencing to acknowledge outside sources used in the research activity.
This guide to dissertation citations will be useful for students.