Have faced the necessity to choose a criminology dissertation topic? This task is really not a simple one, even more so a criminology dissertation topic is usually not chosen, but developed. We offer you some hints on choosing a criminology dissertation topic.
Firstly, you need to choose the subject area for your criminology dissertation. When making your choice, consider the following issues:
- You interest. Writing a criminology dissertation in a field that you are interested in is a pleasure; writing without interest is torture.
- Your background. Dissertation writing always requires having substantial background on a chosen subject, and a criminology dissertation is not an exception. Only if having necessary background, you will be able to do high-level research and to make significant contribution to study of a chosen subject.
- Your career plans. Criminology dissertation writing requires spending much time and energy. Thus, it is reasonable to spend them on getting knowledge that you will be able to use in the future.
Here are the examples of popular fields for criminology dissertation writing:
- Theories of criminology
- Domestic violence
- Child abuse
- Prison violence
- Ethical issues in criminology
- Rehabilitation programs
- Sociology of criminology
- Law enforcement
- Crime prevention et al
After that, you choose a subject and develop a question about it. On the basis of this question, you will develop your hypothesis.
To develop a criminology dissertation question, you will have to work with different information sources:
- Journal articles
- Reliable websites on criminology
Fortunately, there are numerous pieces of helpful material for your criminology dissertation writing on the Internet. For example, you can visit the following website: Internet Journal of Criminology.
Besides, do not forget about past years criminology dissertations: they are a very helpful source of help for a student who starts working work on his/her dissertation. You will see what subjects you can choose, how narrow a topic should be and how it should be formulated.