If you talk to a dissertation writer, you will find out that a literature review in a dissertation is the most complicated part of the whole project. Maybe, you do not realize this yet. However, once you get down to making the literature review section of your dissertation, you will understand it is really so.
In this article, we want to answer some of the most disturbing questions related to making a literature review in dissertations.
Why is it important to make a literature review in a dissertation?
Reviewing literature is a really important stage of the dissertation writing process. There are several reasons for that.
- Without a literature review you will not understand your topic fully;
- You will not know what has already been researched and what can be researched further;
- You will not know what methods are appropriate for the investigation of your topic.
What is a good literature review in a dissertation about?
Sure, it is necessary to list several basic features of a good literature review in a dissertation. So, what you will have to do is:
- Introduce your personal opinion about different works;
- Compare and contrast works of different authors;
- Demonstrate your awareness of key theories and concepts related to the topic.
What does a literature review in a dissertation begin with?
Your work on a literature review in a dissertation will start as follows:
- You define a research area and break it down into key sub-areas;
- You define major key words related to these areas;
- You decide what kind of sources will be useful (books, journal articles, Web resources, etc);
- You pick the most useful sources for your dissertation literature review, study them carefully, and get their gist.
Do you have problems with some other parts of your project? We are glad to help you with a dissertation outline or dissertation methodology.