Sure, a thesis or dissertation appendix is not the most significant chapter of your project. However, it does not mean that you should take its organization lightly. After all, an appendix in a thesis or dissertation (if you include it) will contain important information that serves as additional explanations. Besides, such serious paper as a thesis or dissertation does not have some chapters that can be considered insignificant.
So, if you have some difficulties with your dissertation appendix, we are ready to help you.
General rules for organizing a dissertation appendix
- If you include a dissertation appendix, it should be placed before the Bibliography;
- You have to start each appendix on a new page;
- Dissertation appendices are usually numbered 1, 2, 3 or A, B, C;
- Dissertation appendices should be mentioned in the Table of Contents.
Information to be included into your dissertation appendix
This part of your project includes so-called visual aids and some additional information that helps to get your work better.
Things that are referred to as visual aids and that should appear in a dissertation appendix are diagrams, graphs, tables, maps, some pictures and calculations, etc.
Other information that can be important to understand your project:
- Questionnaires, although the results should be presented in the body of your thesis/dissertation;
- Descriptions of some tools and equipment used to obtain necessary results;
- Raw data appears in appendices, while analyzed and summarized data is presented in the body of your paper.
Do you have troubles with some other chapters of your project? Our writers can help you with writing dissertation methodology and dissertation abstracts.